Explore the diversity of the less travelled countries of Zambia & Malawi.
With its mix of accommodation and camping, this is one of our more adventurous safaris. It is not for the faint-hearted and you will need to have some patience and flexibility as travelling (due to road conditions) can be slow and some nights the accommodation is more basic.
However, the adventure is worth the rewards with amazing scenery and fantastic highlights including paddling down the Zambezi, outstanding game viewing in South Luangwa, Kuti and Liwonde, Malawi’s highlands and of course the magnificent Lake Malawi.
Tour Name: Zimbabwe & Malawi Livingstone Trail - Affordable
Duration: 16 days
Touring Style: Small Group
Grade: Accommodated - Affordable
Local Payment? Yes. US$300 payable on day 1 of your safari
Starts: Lusaka, Zambia
Ends: Lilongwe, Malawi
Includes: Entrance Fees, Accommodation & Meals as per itinerary, Transport, Professional Guides
12 nights on safari we stay at chalets, tented lodges and guest houses, with en suite facilities.
3 nights camping (Sunway will provide tents, mats and chairs, but you will need to bring your own sleeping bag).
Of which 1 night we “camp wild” without fences in the wilderness on an island in the Zambezi.
- Canoe Safari on the Zambezi River
- South Luangwa, 1x game walk & 2x open 4WD game drives
- Kuti Wildlife Reserve game drive in the tour vehicle
- Tea Plantation Tour
- Guided day walk on the slopes of Mulanje Massif
- Liwonde Game Reserve – boat cruise and game drives in the tour vehicle
- Lake Malawi – boat transfers, kayaking and snorkelling gear
Valid: 01 Jan – 31 Dec 2021
NZ$4735 per person twin share + local payment US$300
Single Supplement NZ$483
27 Mar – 11 Apr 21
29 May – 13 Jun 21
19 Jun – 04 Jul 21
17 Jul – 01 Aug 21
31 Jul – 15 Aug 21
28 Aug – 12 Sep 21
25 Sep – 10 Oct 21
09 Oct -24 Oct 21
06 Nov – 21 Nov 21
20 Nov – 05 Dec 21
- Bold dates are guaranteed departures; all other dates are guaranteed from 4 clients.