Small Group Tour Gorilla Trekking, Game Viewing & Chimpanzee Tracking
It is hard to describe the rush of emotions when you see your first mountain gorilla face to face. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest protects just over 300 (half of the current population) of these magnificent animals who live in family groups amongst the lush backdrop of emerald green rainforest.
A good level of fitness is required to visit the gorillas. Your trek may be short, or long as you make your way through dense rainforest accompanied by expert guides and trackers to locate the family group allotted to your permits.
Success rates in locating the gorillas is over 95% and you will have up to 1 hour to observe them before returning to base. For those wanting to include a second trek this can be requested when you book your tour (all permits must be pre-booked and paid).
This small-group Uganda gorilla, chimpanzee and safari tour includes your domestic flights to avoid long travelling days. Beyond the Gorillas and Chimp Trekking in Chamburu (Kyambura Gorge) you will have ample opportunity to see some of the local culture and beautiful forests. You will enjoy multiple game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park with its amazing selection of wildlife, including the tree-climbing lions.
For those wishing to spend more time chimp trekking with the inclusion of Kibale, please enquire about our 10 day option.
Tour Name: Gorillas, Chimps & Game
Duration: 9 Days
Touring Style: Small Group
Grade: Accommodated - Comfort
Local Payment? None
Starts: Entebbe, Uganda
Ends: Entebbe, Uganda
Includes: Accommodation & Meals as per itinerary, Transport, Professional Guides
(Prices valid 01 Jan 2024 – 31 Dec 2024
HIGH SEASON (Jan-Feb, Jun-Oct, Dec)
from NZD 10,173 per person twin share
from NZD 1,768 single supplement
LOW SEASON (Apr-May, Nov)
from NZD 9,063 per person twin share
from NZD 1,186 single supplement
Gorilla and Chimp Permits are not included in the above prices and must be paid for at the time of booking. Current prices are:
- Gorilla Permits USD 700 per person per trek
- Chimpanzee Permits USD 50 per person
- 2nd Gorilla Permit including booking fee and transfers USD770 per person
- Guided Forest Walk including Bwindi Park Fee USD 70 per person
- Batwa (Pygmies) Community Visit USD 85 per person
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits are always 100% non-transferable and non-refundable
- Please note the the return flight for EBB-KIHIHI is included in your tour price. The flight price is subject to change and we will advise of any change at the time of booking. Note there is a total weight limit of 15kg per person in soft bags. XL seats are available at an additional cost for those requiring additional luggage or space.
- On our scheduled departures, we typically buy permits for Buhoma & Ruhija, which are accessible from the Buhoma area. Note that some of these families MAY require a road transfer to the start point. There will be an additional cost for this. Furthermore, your permit may be organised for day 3, or 4, of your safari. It will depend on availability at the time of purchase.
- Should gorilla permits be booked at Ruhija, there is an additional shared vehicle transfer fee of USD 205 /vehicle return which is split between the travellers in the group.
- Minimum age is 16 years.
Departure Dates 2024
- Guaranteed with a minimum of two people and a maximum of 6 people
02 Jan 24 (note this follows the 2023 itinerary, please contact us for details)
11 Jan 24
18 Mar 24
12 April 24
10 May 24
09 Jun 24
03 Jul 24
21 Aug 24
15 Sept 24
16 Oct 24
16 Nov 24
21 Dec 24
8 x breakfast, 7 x lunches, 6 x dinners. If staying at Buhoma Lodge & Ishasha Wilderness Camp local drinks are included, should a different lodge be used, the rate would NOT include drinks.