Safari through Zambia, Malawi & Mozambique + Kruger National Park
An amazingly diverse tour following the old trade routes from Zambia through Malawi and Mozambique to South Africa. There is outstanding game viewing in Zambia and Kruger National Park, exploration of Lake Malawi and experience the beauty and strong Arab influences that have shaped Mozambique.
Tour Name: Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique Trade Route - Camping
Duration: 22 days
Touring Style: Small Group
Grade: Camping - Adventure
Local Payment? Yes. US$400pp payable on Day 1 of your safari
Starts: Livingstone, Zambia
Ends: Johannesburg, South Africa
Includes: Entrance fees, use of camping equipment (except sleeping bag/pillow), transport in safari truck/minibus & 4WD, meals as per itinerary, professional guides
21 breakfasts, 19 lunches and 16 dinners will be provided by the Sunway crew, prepared at the vehicle and eaten around the camp fire or in the boma. The breakfast in Petauke & the last dinner will be provided by the lodge.
15 nights on safari designated campsites, in national parks and towns. Campsites have hot showers. Please note there is 1 night of very basic camping with poor facilities in Tete (there is no alternative). 2 nights guest house twin bed accommodation in Vilankulos with ablutions shared between several rooms. 3 nights lodges in Inhambane & Petauke, twin bedrooms with en suite facilities. 1 night in the Greater Kruger NP in a lodge with en suite twin bedrooms, allowing you time to tidy up & pack before flying from Jo’burg on day 22.
- Entrance to Victoria Falls (Zambian side)
- Full day canoe safari on Lower Zambezi with local river guides
- 2 game walks and 2 open 4WD game drives in the South Luangwa National Park
- Island boat excursion on Lake Malawi
- Full day Dhow excursion to Bazaruto Islands
- Inhambane & Chizavane Beaches
- Morning and afternoon game drives in Kruger National Park
- Panorama Route visiting God’s Window & the Three Sisters
Valid 01 Jan – 31 Dec 2021
NZ$4,150 per person twin share + local payment of US$400
Single Supplement NZ$350
BT 20-Mar-21 10-Apr-21
BT 10-Apr-21 01-May-21
BT 08-May-21 29-May-21
BT 26-Jun-21 17-Jul-21
BT 24-Jul-21 14-Aug-21
BT 07-Aug-21 28-Aug-21
BT 21-Aug-21 11-Sep-21
BT 18-Sep-21 09-Oct-21
BT 16-Oct-21 06-Nov-21
BT 30-Oct-21 20-Nov-21
BT 13-Nov-21 04-Dec-21
- Bold dates are guaranteed departures, all other dates guaranteed from 4 clients.
- BT: The Zambia, Malawi & Mozambique Trade Route” can be combined after the “Botswana Wildside” safari to create a complete tour of Southern Africa.
Request an Information Pack or Check Availability
Not the right tour for you?
A shorter option is the LL12 – Zambia & Malawi Trail – 12 days from Livingstone to Lilongwe. Both the LM22 and the LM12 can be combined with the BT14 Botswana Wildside – 14 days, BT13 Botswana Classic & Delta – 13 days or the BP10 Botswana Classic – 10 days