This Women Only Africa Safari includes Wilderness Glamping in the Okavango Delta & Outstanding Game Viewing in Botswana & Zimbabwe’s Premier Game Reserves and National Parks.
Travel like friends on this Women Only African Safari…
You will travel in the safety of a group; however with a maximum of only 10 ladies and your fully qualified female African wildlife safari guides on the Women Only Africa Safari, it will be like travelling with a small group of friends.
Fellow independent women who enjoy the company of other women to discover and get up close to Africa’s wildlife – and of course have fun!
This is the perfect safari for first time travellers to Africa or those who have already been bitten by the safari bug and can’t wait to go again – It’s a Women Only Africa Safari!
Tour Name: Africa: Botswana & Zimbabwe Women Only Wildlife Safari
Duration: 17 days
Touring Style: Fully Guided
Grade: 3 - 4 star
Local Payment? n/a
Starts: Maun, Botswana: 09 July 2018
Ends: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe : 25 July 2018
Includes: Land Only - Request a copy of the detailed itinerary for full details.
On This Women Only Africa Safari You Will:
- Get up close to the “bush” and the wildlife in open vehicle game drives in Moremi Game Reserve and a neighbouring private concession, Chobe National Park, Hwange National Park & Matobo National Park.
- Glide into the heart of the Okavango Delta by mokoro (local dugout) canoe with poler guides that hail from local villages. They will introduce you to their culture and their ‘big back yard’ as we explore by water and on foot.
- Take in the vast shimmering salt pans of Makgadikgadi
- Enjoy a Sundowner wildlife boat cruise on the Chobe River. Here you will witness the majesty of the large elephant herds that come to feed on the river’s reed beds. The river is also heaven for birdwatchers with a colourful array of permanent and seasonal visitors.
- Visit the magnificent Victoria Falls – “Mosi oa Tunya” or “the smoke that thunders.” Here you can opt to take part in one of the many optional adventure activities or browse the curio markets and shops.
- Discover the ancient San Bushman rock art in the Matobos Hills.
- Enjoy the vista from World View, Cecil John Rhodes final resting place.
For 14 nights, you will stay in small and intimate lodges and permanent tented camps with en-suite facilities.
For two nights, we “glamp” in a wild tented camp in the Okavango Delta. Each tent is set up with twin camp beds with linen and an ensuite chemical toilet. There is a shared bucket shower tent with hot water that heated on the camp fire.
- Okavango Delta – mokoro excursion and bush walks with local guides
- Moremi Game Reserve/Khwai Private Game Reserve – 4 days, 4WD game viewing (morning and afternoon game drives)
- Makgadikgadi Pans Visit
- Chobe National Park – morning 4WD game drive and river cruise
- Victoria Falls Visit (Zimbabwe side)
- Hwange National Park – full day 4WD game drive
- Matobos National Park – white rhino tracking walk, visit to an ancient bushman rock art site, visit to World View.
- Arrival & Departure Transfers