A walking focused safari exploring a variety of scenic and cultural destinations within South Africa, including a visit to the beautiful Kingdom of Swaziland. This is an active holiday and the day walks range from leisurely to challenging, and provide a unique adventure for those interested in a walking holiday. Highlights include visits to the old mining town of Pilgrims Rest, the game reserves of Zululand and Kruger, the Dundee battlefields and the majesty of the Drakensberg.
Tour Name: Walking South Africa
Duration: 14 days
Touring Style: Small Group (max 12) - Limited Participation
Grade: Accommodated (2-3 star)
Local Payment? No
Starts: Johannesburg, South Africa
Ends: Johannesburg, South Africa
Includes: Entrance frees, transport, meals and accommodation as per the itinerary, professional guides, guided walks
Why choose this safari?
- A walking tour focused mainly on the scenic and cultural highlights of North Western South Africa and Swaziland.
- 3x Leisurely walks of 1 -3 hours including a game walk in a Private Kruger Game Reserve, Mac Mac Pools and the isImangaliso wetlands.
- 2 x Moderate walks of 3-5 hours including Blyde River Canyon and the Drakensberg
- 3 x Challenging walks of 4 – 6 hours + in the Kingdom of Swaziland, Islandlwana Battlefield of Zululand and to the top of the Drakensberg’s Ampitheatre.
- Game drives including a night drive in a Private Kruger Game Reserve and Hluhhluwe Game Reserve where Rhino Conservation is a priority.
- Mpumalanga – Panorama Route sight seeing
- Kruger National Park – private lodge game drives and bush walk
- Swaziland – mountain walks, cultural adventure
- KwaZulu Natal – walk, game drive and museums
- Drakensberg Mountains – mountain walks
- 8 walks of varying grades – Mac Mac, Blyde River Canyon, Big 5, Swaziland, Isimangaliso, Zululand, Drakensberg, The Amphitheatre
Valid: 01 Jan – 31 Dec 2018
NZ$3095 per person twin share
Single Supplement NZ$957