A journey of creativity, taste, discovery and learning + Diwali celebrations.
Departs: Delhi, Saturday 14th October 2017
Ends: Mumbai, Tuesday 24th October 2017
Price Per Person Twin Share: NZ$6595.00
Single Supplement: *NZ$1700.00
Flight Jaipur to Mumbai (booked for the group): Approx. per person NZ$170.00 (subject to change)
This tour is NOW full for 2017. Please contact us about the 2018 tour. Dates and details to be released soon.
Travel like friends…
You will travel in the safety of a group; however with only 10 ladies and your host Natasha Sinclair on the tour, it will be like travelling with a small group of friends.
Fellow independent women who enjoy the company of other women to discover and explore new places – and of course have fun!
Where you will go…
This tour focuses on the Golden Triangle (Delhi, Agra & Jaipur) + Mumbai (Bombay). Staying the comfort & security of 4 1/2 – 5 star accommodation throughout the tour.
This is not a grand tour of India but it will provide you with an in-depth introduction.
It is busy but time is not wasted moving quickly between numerous architectural and historical highlights.
Instead, you will have time to explore the nooks and crannies, learn some new skills and gain deeper insights into the beautiful contradictions that are India.
- Discover a side of Delhi that you probably didn’t know existed – neighbourhoods that are hotbeds for the creativity of a young India. Melting pots of quirky shops, galleries, gardens and street art.
- Explore Old Delhi, the crowded streets and bazaars on foot and by rickshaw. Stock up on delectable goodies at Asia’s largest spice market.
- See some of India’s most iconic architecture – Humayun’s Tomb, the deserted city of Fatephur Sikri, Agra & Amber Fort and the mind-blowing beauty of the Taj Mahal.
- Celebrate Diwali – The Festival of Light in Jaipur with our hosts at Dera Mandawa including special illuminations, fireworks, Laxmi puja (Goddess of wealth), vegetarian dinner and Rajasthani folk music.
- Have a hands-on experience creating your own block print fabric and cooking a Rajasthani meal in Jaipur.
- Discover the soul of Mumbai – a whole world that disappears before 8am.
- Take part in an art workshop that directly helps with the preservation of Warli, an important yet threatened form of Indian tribal art.
- Have some fun (and no doubt, laughs) at a Bollywood dancing lesson.
A journey with a heart of food…
On this tour you will get to sample a number of different cuisines that will take your taste-buds on a journey beyond the Indian food served up in western Indian restaurants.
Delhi and Mumbai are real foodie hotspots and you can find excellent examples of regional cuisines as well those that are more local.
A guiding hand…
India has been on your wish list for some time, you are not keen to travel alone but the idea of joining a large group tour probably fills you with horror. Natasha Sinclair your tour host, completely understands that dilemma!
Natasha, owner of Indafrica will be your guiding hand during the tour. Along the way we will be joined by specialist local guides and friends, who will add to the experience with their knowledge and good company.
You can read a little more about the story behind India: Fabric, Food & Fabulous here.
You can also find out a bit more about Natasha here.
Please send me the detailed itinerary: